Saturday, May 25, 2013

# 7 Flanders Red

I took a short vacation in the Portland Maine area last week. Portland has a great beer and food culture with several breweries and  brew pubs. Every restaurant I ate at had a great beer selection. The beer I drank the most while in Portland was Rodenbach.
    This will be my first attempt at the Flanders Red style. It's a great style but I'm going to stray from tradition a bit. I try  to use American and/or organic ingredients whenever possible which is obviously not traditional.

Flanders Red
Fermentables - 7# Briess Pale Malt, 4oz Briess Organic 60, 2oz Special B
Hops - 1oz Crystal pellet
Yeast - Wyeast 3763 Roeselare Ale Blend
Mash - 60 min
Boil - 90 min 
Fermentation Temp - 70F
Batch Size - 3 Gallon
OG - 1.062
FG - 

No comments:

Post a Comment